Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A New World For Me

When April arrives, for the first time in my professional life, I will have a job!

Huh?

Yep. I'll be joining the team at Schmechtig Landscapes in Mundelein, IL. We're still working on a title, but I'll be heading up a design team there, so I'll be doing what I love (designing landscapes), without the business function that took so much of my time with Garden Concepts.

I've shared this with only a few people, so you can consider this an announcement. A few have asked why. Without boring you with too many details, it came down to this. I know when I made the commitment to start the AALD that I'd be back designing landscapes come spring, 2007. I could fire up Garden Concepts full bore, but when fall and teaching season arrives, then what? There are always loose ends. This solves that problem, among a slew of others.

In any case, I'm very excited. For those of you who don't know the Schmechtig team, it's worth a visit to their (our!) web site.

2 comments:

Jeff Korhan said...

Tim: Good for you! By now I'm sure you are knee deep in new ideas and a canvas on which to apply them.

I'm curious, which is easier to spell and pronounce? Thoelecke or Schmechtig?

All the best!

Jeff Korhan

Tim Thoelecke said...

Thanks, Jeff. My wife had a lot of similar questions when she changed her name from Renner to Thoelecke! She knew which was more complicated, but did it anyway!