Sunday, July 15, 2007

Misdirection

What does magic have to do with landscape design? Actually, design is design. A well-constructed magic routine is like a well-written paragraph. The process of creating it is a design process. No, I don't think that is a stretch at all. I call this "design thinking." Scroll down in this post for a bit more on design thinking.

Well, I really wasn't going to do this, but my sister "outed" me in her e-newsletter! My underground hobby is magic. Not Harry Potter magic, but close-up magic. It's a bit geeky I guess, but I enjoy it. Anyway, last fall, the Conjurors Corner magic club, of which I'm a member, held its annual magic contest. I've never entered before, but thought I'd give it a shot. It aired a couple weeks ago on local cable TV. So here for your entertainment pleasure (?), is my performance.






There were 10 contestants, so 5 are featured in each show. Here is the complete show if you are into torture. The next 5 contestants should be on in August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim -- Few admit in public to being a sneaky guy but
you show how to make sneakiness fun!
One suggestion: Since you are a landscape designer
and teacher, don't you think that the sign behind you in your
magic show video should be
changed from JIM Jensen to JENS Jensen?????
Shannon :-)