Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Nice Honor




I'll be reviewing the APLD Conference I attended a couple weeks ago in my EZine in another week or so, but thought I'd share this now. At the conference, 11 colleagues and I were granted Fellowship by the organization.

I am honored and proud to be among only 12 Fellows of APLD. Following is an excerpt from the official Press Release:


Those individuals who qualify for Fellowship status must demonstrate mastery of design in significant works which have advanced the art, stewardship and social responsibility of landscape design; exemplary leadership of people and programs that have had a significant effect on advancing the practice of landscape design; and knowledge that advances landscape design to both the industry and consumers.

Also honored that day were friends I've made through APLD over the years, all whom I respect tremendously.



In the photo, from left to right, are Bobbie Schwartz, Deanna Pillarelli, Judy DePue, Me, Gerry Crouch, Donna Swansen, Robin Williams, Linda Engstrom, Pat Ouderkirk and Peggy Connors. Not pictured are Dennis Rydberg, Joel Lerner and Myrna Dowsett. Until now, Robin was the only Fellow of the organization.


Look for a review of the conference in the coming weeks. Also, the full (pdf) release can be downloaded here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pay your dues long enough and look what happens . . . :-)

Peggy, Donna, and Joel can never be thanked enough for getting APLD off the ground.

20 years next year.

Anderson